HUD has recently released the new 2020 Data Standards that will be going into effect October 1, 2019. The 2020 data standards were released at the end of May; and are first changes going into effect since 2017.
Below is a rough summary of how the new data standards will be affecting the system (some of the information below is subject to change). We will continue to share further details on the implementation of these changes.
- Wording Changes/Picklist Changes:
- Wording Revisions to Current Living Situation
- Wording Revisions to Prior Living Situation
- Wording Revisions to Exit Destination
- Added to Exit Destination:
- Host-Home (non-crisis)
- Rental by client with HCV voucher (tenant or project based)
- Rental by client in a public housing unit
- Project Information:
- HUD has added more funding source information to track
- Additional questions regarding dedicated units/beds for certain sub-populations:
- Beds dedicated to youth-veterans
- CH Veterans
- Other Veteran
- CH youth
- Any Other youth
- Any Other CH
Coordinated Entry (Set to go into effect in April 2020):
- Client Progress and Referral Outcomes
- These are elements that have been tracked with our current CES workflow, the addition of these data elements this year simply indicates that HUD will begin to look at them in earnest.
A webinar is being held on August 6th at 11 am to review the changes. Additional webinars will be added in September: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2751666787025307403