Agencies participating in Housing System Navigation:
- Facing Forward to End Homelessness (HMIS Project ID: 1507)
- Featherfist (HMIS Project ID: 1565)
- Heartland Health Outreach (HMIS Project ID: 1420)
- Howard Brown Health Center (HMIS Project ID: 1560)
- La Casa Norte (HMIS Project ID: 1563)
- Teen Living Programs (HMIS Project ID: 1564)
- Volunteers of America of Illinois (HMIS Project ID: 1423)
- All users should have a Counts Report set up with the “Incoming Referrals” report applied to your agencies Housing System Navigation project.
- Client is referred to your agency
- Open your client’s record and enter them into your Housing System Navigation Project
- You can enter the client into the HSN project without first having to obtain a client consent form, however, this form should be collected/resigned as soon as possible
- Update the Referral Need Status
- Open the entry into the Skilled Assessor’s project to collect your client’s contact information
- Use “Client Notes” in Client Profile tab to provide notes that all agencies can view
Step 1: Create a Counts Report to monitor incoming referrals to your project. Counts Reports are an easy way to manage the flow of referrals to your project. In addition, they provide a quick means of accessing the client record directly.
- A. From the HMIS Home Page, click the icon next to Customize Home Page Dashboard.
- B. Click Add Counts Report.
- C. Click the icon in the Counts Report Dashlet to bring up the settings.
- D. Set the Report Name to Incoming Referrals, set the Dates to All Dates, set the Provider Type to Provider, and set the Provider as the specific project that will be receiving referrals (i.e. All Chicago - PSH Project), then click OK.
Note: Please do not select the parent provider. For example, select All Chicago - Housing System Navigation instead of All Chicago.
- E. Once completed, you will see the number of referrals your project has received. You can click the number to display the list of Client IDs corresponding to the individuals referred to your project, and click the Client ID to view the individual’s Client Profile.
Step 2: Create an Entry into your project and use Client Notes to update Housing Providers.
- A. From the Summary Tab , Click Add Entry/Exit to begin the process of adding an Entry.
- B. Select your Housing System Navigation Project in the Provider menu, select the HUD type, and click Save & Continue to open the assessment.
- C. Complete the HUD CoC & ESG Entry assessment. For more guidance on this process, see the Getting to Know ServicePoint guide by clicking here.
- D. To create a Client Note , click on the Client Profile Tab, and scroll down to Client Notes. Click Add New Client Note
E. Enter your note in the text box and click Save.
Step 3: View the Assessment data to gain contact information to begin to attempt to contact the client to complete an intake . View and download any documentation you need, which has been uploaded by a Skilled Assessor.
- A. When a referral is made to your project, the Matching Team will allow you to view the
client’s Assessment data gathered in the Chicago CoC Standardized Housing Assessment. On
the Client Summary Tab , click on the icon next to the client’s entry into the Chicago
Coordinated Entry System (CES) Skilled Assessor Project, and then click Save &
- B. Scroll down to view the client’s assessment, but please do not change any data. View the
client’s contact information to get in touch with the client.