- What is a Unit List and how does it impact my agency?
- Review your unit lists
- Add a unit list
- Update a unit list
- Delete a unit list
What is a unit list and how does it impact my agency?
Unit lists feed into the ShelterPoint system of HMIS. These are utilized when completing the electronic portion of the PIT, in addition, it is also used to calculate bed utilization rates in the data quality assessment.
Vocabulary has proven to be very tricky here, so here is how we will be defining things:
- A unit list is a general term referring to all of the information pertaining to how your providers' beds, apartments, and rooms are configured. This unit list will be reflected in ShelterPoint.
- A room refers to a "Family Unit", which could be an apartment for a full family, or a Single Occupancy Room. For shelters with communal sleeping areas, one room refers to the entire area.
- A bed is simply a bed - for projects that serve families, consider beds in these Unit Lists in the same way that you consider beds on your grants and contracts
*The HUD 2020 Data Standards now include new information requirements for Special Populations. Any new or updated Bed and Unit Inventories must include this information (even if it's just 0).
- Beds dedicated to the following:
- Chronically homeless veterans
- Youth veterans
- Other veterans
- Chronically homeless youth
- Other youth
- Any other CH
- Non-dedicated Beds
- Total Bed Inventory
- Total Unit Inventory
Review your unit lists (*the list below is accurate as of 8/28/2019)
Please review the unit list we have on file below. If there are any unit lists that must be created, deleted, or updated, please refer to the sections below.
Tip: Press Control+F on Windows to search for your agency name.
Add a unit list
If you have a new project or realize that you project does not have a unit list, please complete the form below (you can also complete the form here).
Update a unit list
If you have spotted an issue with your project's unit list, please inform us using the form below (which can also be completed here).
Delete a unit list
If a unit list listed about is no longer in use or irrelevant to your current project and has no clients currently enrolled in it, please complete the form below (you can also complete the form here).