The below Client Consent Form is in effect as of June 1st, 2018.
Which clients should sign the forms?
- Any clients that enroll in projects starting on June 1st will need to sign the updated client consent form
- If you have a client that has enrolled before June 1st, they are not required to re-sign, though, if at all possible, they should sign the new form
- If clients are part of a PH/PSH project and have their Annual Assessment coming up, they should always resign the client consent form as a part of their annual assessment
What are the changes between this form and the last form?
Data sharing options:
The client data sharing options have been streamlined. There are now 3 options for data sharing instead of 4:
- Share my information
- Share my information as a locked file
- Do not agree to share any information
Removed in this iteration is "Share my basic information only". That decision to remove that option was due to the fact that it is sharing client information, but does not provide the client the benefit of potentially being matched to housing.
The form was also streamlined, making the data sharing options that much clearer and obvious. A head of household's ability to select a different level of data sharing for their dependents is also clearer.
The supplemental form also now clarifies and contextualizes what is done with a client's disability information.
You will also notice that the options listed in the ROI tab of the client's HMIS record will change starting June 1st, 2018 as well.
You can click on the images below to begin the download of the new consent form.