How do you know if a client record is being SHARED or NOT SHARED with other HMIS partner agencies?
This article covers:
When to Lock Records
1. According to their Release of Information responses:
a. Release of information: Options B or C
b. Supplemental: Does not agree to share disability Information
2. If the client is fleeing or attempting to flee a domestic violence or human trafficking situation
3. If the client self-reports as being HIV/AIDS positive
Adjusting Visibility Settings
|Green and unlocked/open||SHARED with other partner agencies|
|Red and locked/closed||NOT SHARED with other partner agencies|
- Click on the lock icon.
- The Client Visibility window will appear. Click on the red circle with the minus sign to take away data sharing.
- Click Exit and the record is now locked.
Restrictions on record locking
If you see "***Restricted***", contact the Helpdesk to lock the record for you.
Questions? Contact the Helpdesk