Beginning November 15st, 2023, the process of training new Skilled Assessors will be paused until late December or early January.
The CES will temporarily pause the addition of new Skilled Assessors starting November 15, 2023. Any requests for Skilled Assessors submitted after November 15 will be processed in late December or early January. Existing Skilled Assessors should continue to complete housing assessments during this time. Please review the article below to learn more about becoming a Skilled Assessor. To help a participant complete a Coordinated Entry Assessment, please find a list of in-person Access Points on the Coordinated Entry webpage. If you have difficulty assisting participants in accessing the assessment, please contact Keisha Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting November 1st, 2023, all Skilled Assessor-related questions, including the submission of the Fake Client assignment, should be sent to Keisha Franklin at email@example.com.
Before completing training, the ATA/Supervisor needs to:
- Submit Skilled Assessor Training request form.
- Wait for Skilled Assessor request approval. Chiayu McGill with the Center for Housing and Health will contact you regarding approval.
After receiving approval, the training steps for the user is as follows:
1. New to HMIS: If you do not have access to the HMIS yet, training will need to be requested from the Help Desk by an ATA/Supervisor, providing the following information.
- Name and Agency email
- Username on the Learning Management System (LMS): Create an account if you haven’t done so already. If you have issues accessing your existing account, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- What role will be needed on the HMIS (ex. Case Manager, ATA, or Skilled Assessor) or expected responsibilities (ex. Read-Only, reviewing referrals, reporting, etc)
- What projects will need to be accessed
*Users that already have access to the HMIS will still need their training requested and new role confirmed by an ATA/Supervisor.
2. Complete the prerequisite HMIS course - Introduction to Homeless Management Information System on the Learning Management System (LMS).
*If you're new to the HMIS, midway through this course is where you need to register for a training account.
5. Use the instructions and scenario included in the course to complete the fake client assignment in the HMIS Training site.
5. This assignment is managed and approved by the Skilled Assessor Team at the Center of Housing and Health, who would then alert the HMIS team of the training completion. Once we receive confirmation, you will be then alerted that you have gained access to the HMIS as a Skilled Assessor.