This article is a further breakdown of the evaluation criteria that HMIS new users will be evaluated against during the HMIS Proctored Session. The user is then expected to complete an entry and exit of a sample client that accurately documents the client’s consent form, locks their record, and meets the below criteria.
All New Users will be evaluated using the General Evaluation Criteria.
Staff working at specific project types will be evaluated on the additional Project Specific Criteria if necessary.
- General Evaluation Criteria
- Project Specific Evaluation Criteria
- For Emergency Shelter Staff
- For Permanent Supportive Housing
- For Rapid Re-Housing
General Evaluation Criteria
- Select the right provider for their project enrollment
- Correctly enter a single or multi-person Household into HMIS
- Accurately document a client’s Release of Information
Assessments & Sub-assessments
- Interpret a sample client narrative and complete assessments based on the client narrative
- Select the appropriate assessment
- Complete demographic questions
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of Prior Living Situation and Current Living Situation
- Correctly complete HUD verification for all sub-assessments
- Do not have overlapping dates or mismatches in HUD verified sub-assessment updates
- Complete an exit assessment with appropriate Reason for Leaving
- Complete an exit assessment with appropriate Exit Destination
- Shelterpoint (optional)
- Utilizing unit lists
- Complete a check-in
- Complete a check-out
- Check the Household out of the bed and double check that they are off of the Unit List
Permanent Supportive Housing Staff
- Input a Housing Move-In Date through an interim assessment
Rapid Rehousing Staff
- Navigate between Rapid Rehousing Initial, Service Assessments, and Re-certification Assessment
- For SSVF RRH, complete a Service Transaction that documents RRH Assistance.
After the user completes their sample client’s record, they will let the HMIS proctor know they are complete and the HMIS staff member will review the record for the following criteria: