The Housing History Tool is the HMIS table in the Standardized Housing Assessment where clients' different localities are documented for for the previous five-year time frame to determine length of time homeless.
The following is a correctly completed Housing History Tool:
1. The Exit date of the current situation is left empty.
2. The notes descriptions don't contradict the Type of Place entered.
3. The end date of one situation is equal to the start date of the subsequent situation.
4. Five years of the client's housing situation is documented.
5. There are no future dates.
6. In order to add new housing situations, a brand new Interim Update is created every single time. (Do not enter into an old interim update, and do not enter into the original project entry to make the change.)
7. The Skilled Assessor was in EDA mode! It's very time consuming to re-do longer Housing Histories if you forget to go into EDA mode.