The Housing History Tool is the HMIS table in the Standardized Housing Assessment where clients' different localities are documented for for the previous five-year time frame to determine length of time homeless.
The following is a correctly completed Housing History Tool:
1. The Exit date of the current situation is left empty.
2. The notes descriptions don't contradict the Type of Place entered.
3. The end date of one situation is equal to the start date of the subsequent situation.
4. Five years of the client's housing situation is documented.
5. There are no future dates.