- Step by Step Instructions
- What is Project Specific training?
- Contact Us
For Supervisors: Your user will need to have their own account, so you cannot register for them, they must register for themselves. The supervisor should provide the user with the projects that they will need access to and what project type that user will be working under.
For Staff/New HMIS User: Use these steps to ensure you're signing up for the correct HMIS training
- Create a profile on All Chicago Online Training if you haven’t already done so
- Complete the Introduction to HMIS online course
- At the end of the Introduction, you'll have two choices. The option you choose will depend on the project type that you are working at.
Option 1: Emergency Shelter and Transitional Housing (ES) projects:
Staff working at Emergency Shelter, Transitional Housing or Interim Housing projects will move on to in-depth instruction specific to Emergency Shelter projects. This training covers ShelterPoint, Timeliness, and HUD & CoC requirements for ES project types.
After the above training, staff will sign up for an in-person evaluation.
Option 2: All Other Projects (including PH, PSH, RRH, SSVF, PATH/Outreach, and RHY):
All Non-ES projects will register for a Project Specific training. This course is essentially a registration form for an in person training that relates directly to your project type.
This applies to anyone who works in a program that has the following project types:
- Permanent Housing /Permanent Supportive Housing /Rapid Re-Housing
- Supportive Services for Veterans and their Families
- Runaway Homeless Youth
- Services Only Projects
What does a Project Specific training entail?
Project specific trainings are just like in-person evaluations. Since every user has finished the Introduction to HMIS, this training can move quickly and be specific to your staff's Project Type.
Project Specific training covers the following:
- HUD Requirements
- Definitions specific to Project Type
- Timeliness and Data standards
- Topics specific to assisting clients by Project Type
Please contact the HMIS Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
All staff and supervisors are encouraged to discuss HMIS training with their Agency Technical Administrator.
Check out the links below to the HMIS Helpdesk for some extra context on the changes to HMIS trainings.