- Getting HMIS Training
- Step by Step Instructions
- What is Project Specific training?
- Contact Us
Getting HMIS Training
By reading this guide, you'll find out the process that new HMIS users have to go through to receive HMIS training and assist clients in HMIS at their agency. This guide will include step by step instructions, links, and resources related to getting HMIS training. Supervisors and users alike will find this article useful.
Step by Step Instructions
For Supervisors: Follow these steps to get training for a new HMIS user at your agency
For Staff/New HMIS User: Use these steps to ensure you're signing up for the correct HMIS training
- Visit the Introduction to HMIS online training on All Chicago Online Training
- Create a profile on All Chicago Online Training if you haven’t already done so
- Complete the Introduction to HMIS online course
- At the end of the Introduction, you'll have two choices. The option you choose will depend on the project type that you are working at.
Emergency Shelter and Transitional Housing (ES) projects:
Staff working at Emergency Shelter (or Transitional Housing) projects will move on to in-depth instruction specific to Emergency Shelter projects. This training covers ShelterPoint, Timeliness, and HUD & CoC requirements for ES project types.
After the above training, staff will sign up for an in-person evaluation.
All Other Projects (including PH, PSH, RRH, SSVF, PATH, and RHY):
All Non-ES projects will register for a Project Specific training. During training, you will read a message on screen that says "If your project type is not Emergency Shelter, then you'll select the appropriate training for your project."
If your project type is not Emergency Shelter, you'll register above for a Project Specific in-person training.
What does a Project Specific training entail?
Project specific trainings are just like in-person evaluations. Since every user has finished the Introduction to HMIS, this training can move quickly and be specific to your staff's Project Type.
Project Specific training covers the following:
- HUD Requirements
- Definitions specific to Project Type
- Timeliness and Data standards
- Topics specific to assisting clients by Project Type
Please contact the HMIS Helpdesk at email@example.com if you have any questions.
All staff and supervisors are encouraged to discuss HMIS training with their Agency Technical Administrator.
Check out the links below to the HMIS Helpdesk for some extra context on the changes to HMIS trainings.