The State Homeless Prevention - HPCC Call Summary has been moved to the Client Summary tab of the Client Profile.
- [Through external HPCC referral] Case Manager (may) receive an email from HPCC about a referral to project
- [Through external HPCC referral] Case Manager (may) receive a referral through Counts Report
- Document the client's consent form choice through the ROI tab in ServicePoint
- Enter the client into State HP project
- Only enroll the Head of Household
- Only the Head of Household even if it is the client and their family
- Document the narrative as descriptively as possible
- Only enroll the Head of Household
- [Service Transaction] Create a Service Transaction for your State Homeless Prevention project
- Service Provider will be State Homeless Prevention project
- Service Notes should include vendor name and address
- Click Apply Funds for Service
- Selects a vendor that fits the type of funds
- Under “Funding Sources”, click Add Funding Source
- Select “State Homeless Prevention FY19”
- Click Support Documentation
- Add the any support documentation you have
- Set Need Status as “In Progress”
- Outcome of need is “Service Pending”
- Wait for approval/denial notification
- [Service Transaction] Once approved or denied, update the Need Status information
- You will be selecting either "Closed and Met" or "Closed and Unmet"
- Once approved or denied, exit the client from the project
Entering a Client Into Your State Homeless Prevention Project
A client can be entered into your State HP project through the Entry/Exit tab in HMIS.
The assessment itself has two portions - one for the case management staff, and another section where Lynette Barnes will approve or deny the request.
A glimpse of the assessment that users will be completing.
Sections in red should NOT be filled out by staff. This is only for All Chicago staff to complete in order to approve the case or not.
Once you complete the assessment, click Save. At this point, you will request the funds through a Service Transaction.
Submitting Your Fund Request Through Service Transaction
In order to make a request for funds, projects must provide a fund request through a service transaction.
When adding the service, you will only be adding this under the Head of Household.
In addition, the service provider will be your State HP project.
After selecting any of the given Service Types, you will click on Save and Continue.
After clicking save and continue, the next screen will appear.
You will want to document the vendor name and the address used in their W-9 form in the Service Notes section. This is option, but it is helpful to keep track of it.
Do NOT answer any Service Costs.
Funds for Service
Click the arrow next to Apply Funds for Service in order to be able to indicate the cost of the assistance.
Though the screen may seem complicated, all you have to do is search for a "Vendor". In this case, vendor only indicates the type of service being provided.
After selecting the vendor, you will then indicate what the cost is in the Funding Source. When you click Funding Source, it will ask you to add a source, you will select "State Homeless Prevention FY19".
Upon selecting the appropriate fund, you will then need to indicate the requested fund amount.
Please be mindful to NOT input something in Client Co-Pay. Only indicate the cost in the State Homeless Prevention FY19 line. This request will be saved after we add supporting documentation and save the Service Transaction.
Adding Support Documentation
Your support documentation should include all necessary files as well as a completed check request form.