For agencies to comply the 2017 HUD Data Standards changes, Permanent Housing, Permanent Supportive Housing and Rapid Rehousing projects must now document a client's housing move-in date (find out what type of project your program is here).
The housing move-in date is different than when the client entered/admitted into the project. For a Housing Move-in date to be valid, it must be dated on or after an enrollment date.
*If a project receives a transfer, but the client's physical location has not changed, the Housing Move-in Date must be entered with a date identical to the entry date into the new project. All PH/PSH/RRH need a Housing move-in date for the client to be considered housed.
You can also find a recorded webinar of this workflow which you can view below. The webinar was recorded on December 8th, 2017.
Criteria of Entry
A client is entered into a project when the following three conditions are met:
Information provided by the client or from the referral indicates they meet the criteria for admission.
The client has indicated they want to be housed in this project.
The client is able to access services and housing through the project. The expectation is the project has a housing opening (on-site, site-based, or scattered-site subsidy) or expects to have one in a reasonably short amount of time.
Once your client is entered into the project, it may take a few days to actually get the unit ready for the client to occupy. That is where the housing move-in date comes in.
Documenting the Housing Move-in Date in HMIS
In order to document a client's housing move-in date, do the following:
- After entering the client into your project, go to the Entry/Exit tab and click the icon in the Interim's section
- From there, click "Add Interim Review"
- From the drop down for "Interim Review Type", you will select "Update: Housing Move-In Date"
- You will be taken to an Annual Assessment (as pictured below)
- Though it might be tempting, this is NOT the assessment you will need, as it does not have the Housing Move-in Date field
- You need to click "HUD CoC and ESG Update (ex. below is 2017 Chicago but you would choose the most recent)" in the Select an Assessment field
- Once you switch assessments, you will be able to fill in the housing move-in date field as required